Iron Maiden Take Inspiration From The East For Their 17th Studio Album, Senjutsu.
Parlophone Records is thrilled to announce the release of IRON MAIDEN’s 17th studio album
their first in 6 years, on September 3rd. It was recorded in Paris with longstanding producer Kevin Shirley and co-produced by Steve Harris.
It was preceded on Thursday 15th July by an already highly acclaimed animated video for the first single
‘The Writing On The Wall’
made by BlinkInk based on a concept by Bruce Dickinson with two former Pixar Executives. It followed a month-long teaser campaign & global ‘treasure hunt’ for clues about the track title and concept.
– loosely translated as ‘tactics & strategy’, the band once again enlisted the services of Mark Wilkinson to create the spectacular Samurai-themed cover artwork, based on an idea by Steve Harris. With a running time of a little under 82 minutes, Senjutsu, like their previous record The Book Of Souls, will be a double CD/triple vinyl album.
Steve says “We chose to record at Guillaume Tell Studio in France again as the place has such a relaxed vibe. The setup there is perfect for our needs; the building used to be a cinema and has a really high ceiling so there’s a great acoustic sound. We recorded this album in the same way we did The Book Of Souls in that we’d write a song, rehearse it, and then put it down together straight away while it was all fresh in our minds. There are some very complex songs on this album which took a lot of hard work to get them exactly as we wanted them to sound, so the process was at times very challenging, but Kevin is great at capturing the essence of the band and I think it was worth the effort! I’m very proud of the result and can’t wait for fans to hear it.”
Lead singer Bruce Dickinson continues, “We’re all really excited about this album. We recorded it back in early 2019 during a break in the Legacy tour so we could maximize our touring yet still have a long setup period before release to prepare great album art and something special as a video. Of course, the pandemic delayed things more – so much for the best-laid plans – or should that be ‘strategies’!? The songs are very varied, and some of them are quite long. There are also one or two songs that sound pretty different to our usual style, and I think Maiden fans will be surprised – in a good way, I hope! “
The full tracklisting is:
1. Senjutsu (8:20) Smith/Harris
2. Stratego (4:59) Gers/Harris
3. The Writing On The Wall (6:13) Smith/Dickinson
4. Lost In A Lost World (9:31) Harris
5. Days Of Future Past (4:03) Smith/Dickinson
6. The Time Machine (7:09) Gers/Harris
7. Darkest Hour (7:20) Smith/Dickinson
8. Death Of The Celts (10:20) Harris
9. The Parchment (12:39) Harris
10. Hell On Earth (11:19) Harris
Senjutsu will be released on the following formats and available to pre-order from Wednesday, July 21
Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format
Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
Special Edition Triple Silver And Black Marble Vinyl (Selected Retailers)
Special Edition Triple Red and Black Marble Vinyl (Selected Retailers)
Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
Digital album [streaming and download]
MENRVA: BRAND NEW SINGLE ‘PEACHES’.
GENRE-BLURRING ARTIST TEDDY SWIMS DROPS HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DEBUT ALBUM I’VE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT THERAPY (PART 1)
NewDad Announce Their Debut Album ‘Madra’ Out 26th Jan 2024